Sunday, August 7, 2011

Onion Lights Make Me Happy

It's amazing what a light fixture can do. Honestly, I never thought I would be excited about a light fixture. But I am REALLY excited. I wanted to add a light with some visual interest above the landing of the stairs, since you can see it right away when you walk in the front door.  Here is what the light fixture looked like before:

Ugly huh?


So my biggest dilemma was finding a light that was affordable. I really wanted an onion light/lantern that would bring in a little nautical flare to the room. Did you know that onion lights were first used in this country on fishing schooners as a night time working light? Yeah, I didn't know that either.

So I started my research and was very disappointed in prices. I really didn't want to spend over $100 for a light, so my search was significantly limited. Apparently other people want these lights too! I stumbled upon LampsPlus.com and found this beauty:

Best of all, it was $80 with free shipping! Yipee! Please and thank you I will take one. Here is what black beauty looked like once hubby installed it:


I love it! I want to find a matching sconce for the living room that is a little smaller, since we have no overhead lighting in that room right now.  Hopefully I can find another good deal! All for now. Still Waiting patiently for Little B to arrive- gotta keep busy with projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...