Monday, June 20, 2011

Nothing a Little Spray Paint Can't Fix...

Confession. I have been totally obsessed with the Nate Berkus show lately and what he calls "outdoor living spaces." Unfortunately, these living spaces often come with a pretty price tag. I just want a little area where we can sit and enjoy the backyard (when we are not at the beach.) My parents were kind enough to give us an old table that was on their deck when they first were married. Yeah, we're talking over 25 years old. Rust and all... (I am still very grateful though!)
Best part? It was free! The glass is in great shape and the metal is just a little lot rusty. Insert spray paint here. I chose teal...surprised?
Price-tag? 3 or 4 bucks. I can't remember. All we needed was a sunny day....
Don't worry about me. I was across the yard using mega-zoom. No spray paint inhalation injuries for preggers.
Peter even looked out for the grass and gave the table some booties so the grass could stay green. While he was at it, I grabbed a few ugly plastic pots my mom had given me (still grateful...promise.) and had him paint those as well...
Don't they look great? I bought some grassy stuff at Home Depot and split it in half...little grass for each pot.
Here is the patio set-up for now. Chairs and umbrella from Christmas Tree Shop. I had a 10% off your entire purchase and their chairs were just under $20 a pop. Competitive with every other store I looked at. The umbrella was $20 as well. Great quality too. Oh and the rug? Well if you could feel it...it's not super "ruggy". It's got a little more plastic feeling to it but dries super quick after rain (Unlike rugs) AND I got it off Amazon with free shipping and it was $55! All the other outdoor rugs were well into the hundreds! We love it. Makes it feel like we have an extra room in the house. Oh yeah and the rug will hopefully prevent some of those dreaded summer time splinters.
Good thing we finished this project this week. We have a few friends coming over for a birthday celebration tonight. Birthday? What? Oh yeah it's my birthday! Gotta go get ready for our shindig. Peter's keeping most of it a surprise...I wonder what we are eating- I'm starved!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...